I am Director and Principal Consultant at Blackmetric Business Solutions Limited. I am available to speak at conferences and events on topics relating to Business Analysis and Business Change.
To discuss your needs further, please contact me on +44(0)23 9298 4546, or e-mail me using a contact form.
Previous topics and clients/conferences have included:
- Virgin Media – “Promoting the value of the BA team” – A 1 hour presentation designed to provide the audience with concrete tips, tools and techniques on how they can communicate the value of Business Analysis to their stakeholders.
- High-Tech Client, Cambridge – Keynote speech at internal BA conference - A 1 hour keynote presentation followed by an interactive brainstorming session with syndicate groups
- UNICOM Building Business Capabilities with Business Analysis Conference, 2012 - conference chair. I chaired the conference, and gave a presentation on the value that good quality business analysis can add.
- Business Analysis Conference Europe, 2012 - “From Scepticism to Advocacy: Proving the value of the BA role”
- ReqLabs 2012 (Kyiv, Ukraine) ”Enterprise Analysis: The importance of the ‘Why’ and the ‘What“. – A 45 minute presentation introducing concrete techniques that can be used to understand a business problem
- Analyst Days (Minsk, Belarus) - A 45 minute presentation showing when and where business analysis is useful on projects, and discussing how to convince sceptical stakeholders. Followed by co-running a half-day training workshop focussing on business analysis early in the project lifecycle.
- Business Analysis Conference Europe 2011 – “Business engagement on technical IT projects” – a 50 minute presentation giving a case study and providing the audience with tips on how to engage business stakeholders
- ReqLabs conference Kiev, Ukraine 2011: “Stakeholder Engagement : Delivering Projects in the face of adversity”
- Business Analysis Conference Europe 2010 – “BA function, IT or business change?” – I co-presented a 50 minute presentation discussing whether the BA function should sit with IT, or with the business.
- 2011 IIBA New York City Chapter Meeting- “Making a difference in change projects : The expanding BA role”
- 2011 IIBA Washington DC Chapter Meeting- “Making a difference in change projects : The expanding BA role”
- 2011 IIBA New Jersey Chapter Meeting – “Stakeholder Engagement : Delivering projects in the face of adversity”
- 2011 IIBA Baltimore Chapter Meeting- “Stakeholder Engagement : Delivering projects in the face of adversity”
- JCI Portsmouth – “Speaking on your feet” – Public speaking workshop
Upcoming speaking engagements include:
- BA Summit 2012
- Running an event in 2013 and need a speaker? Call me!